Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Muffin Tin Quiche's

In an attempt to persuade my boyfriend from eating out for breakfast at his friendly neighborhood coffee shop each morning I attempted and succeeded with Muffin Tin Quiches. I looked at several recipes on the web and pieced together my own version..They came out of the oven smelling and looking delicious...Only problem was I had no way to know how they tasted before serving. I DO NOT like eggs... I sucked it up and bit into one and to my surprise... I went for a second. I think I will be experimenting with different versions of this recipe in the coming future. Here is my first attempt!

Makes 24 muffin sized quiches

Base Ingredients
8 eggs
1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
wonton wrappers
garlic powder to taste
onion powder to taste
black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare your muffin tins by spraying them with a vegetable oil spray. Press one wonton wrapper into each section ( this will create a crispy shell to support your quiche).

wonton wrappers pressed into tins


For the first batch I sprinkled mozzarella cheese onto the bottom of each wonton. I sauteed three white mushrooms, 4oz pancetta, and a handful of shredded arugula and divided it up between 12 of the tins. Then I separated half of the egg mixture and poured it equally into one of each tins about 2/3 of the way up on each. Top off with fresh ground black pepper and shredded mozzarella on top of each.

For the second batch I went vegetarian. I sprinkled cheddar and monterrey jack cheese onto the bottom of each. Then I chopped up a handful of broccoli till it fell apart into small pieces and a handful of green onions and mixed it into the remaining egg batter. I poured equal amounts into each and then sprinkled with fresh ground pepper and the cheese blend.


Before going into the oven

This is as about as it easy as it gets. I baked each tin for about 20 minutes on 350. They were done when the tops of the wontons browned and they seemed to be pulling away from the sides of the tins.



No comments:

Post a Comment