Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Warm Chickpea and Spinach Salad

This is the most delicious thing I have made in ages. I could eat it everyday! Thanks to the many people who had various versions of this on the web. I made it my own, and I made it delicious!


Ingredients
Serves 4

1 can chickpeas, drained
3 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 bunch spinach, washed, stems chopped off
3 baby lemons, juiced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
sea salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
oregano, to taste
red pepper flakes, to taste
paprika, to taste
olive oil



Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until the onions are soft. Add the chickpeas and tomatoes along with red pepper flakes, paprika, and oregano. Cook covered for about 18 minutes, stir on occasion. Then add one bunch of fresh spinach and cook for another 7 minutes. Finish with salt and pepper and the juice of fresh lemons.

Garnish with chilled and segmented roma tomatoes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment