Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Bean Dip

Using chili beans that you can only buy in the Midwest ( My mom mailed me an entire box of Brooks Hot Chili Bans) I resurrected this party time favorite for my Seattle friends...It is always a hit, and so simple to prepare.





Ingredients
Servings 8-20

1 16oz can hot chili beans
1 32oz can re-fried beans
1 16oz jar Pace Picante Salsa, or your favorite salsa
1 bunch green onion
1bag shredded cheese. I prefer cheddar

Spread re-fried beans into the bottom of rectangular baking pan. Top re-fried beans with chili beans and salsa, evenly spreading the two. Finish off with shredded cheddar (or your favorite cheese) and diced green onions to taste. Personally I think the more the better when it comes to green onions.

Bake on 400 for approx 15-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned. Serve warm with tortilla chips...And hopefully a Margarita!

No comments:

Post a Comment