Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Party Potatos

There are many versions of this party pleaser. I modified my sister Stephenie's version to my personal tastes. The variations are endless with this one, have fun and experiment.

Ingredients
Serves 8-12

1 bag cubed frozen hash browns
1 stick butter, melted
1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
1 lb sour cream
1 can cream of celery soup
1 bunch green onions, chopped
garlic powder, to taste
paprika, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients into a suitable baking dish, mixing evenly. Bake on 400 until the top of the potatoes looks brown and slightly crispy. Serve warm.

*I live in a studio, which includes on powerful but tiny, mini stove. I can only bake one item at a time unfortunately. In a pinch since I was also baking off my bean dip, I cooked the one from yesterday in the microwave (cheating I know). I cooked this on high for about 6 minutes, stirred and then cooked again for another 6 minutes. While it did not come out of the oven golden brown and beautiful, it was a definite BBQ favorite...You can always modify and tweak the recipes and process as you see fit...

The Tiny but Mighty Stove!

1 comment:

  1. You make some pretty amazing stuff out of that tiny stove!

    ReplyDelete