Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Quick Mac & Cheese

In a pinch I made this quick Mac & Cheese as a last minute side dish for a BBQ this past weekend. I didn't really measure much but I have the rough estimates below. I mean could you really add too much cheese anyways?

Ingredients
Serve 2-4

1/2 box penne pasta
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1 Tbs butter
1/2 cups skim milk
garlic, black pepper, and paprika to taste
1/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs

Boil the pasta and strain. Pour hot pasta back into pan add add all ingredients except the bread crumbs. Stir until all the butter and cheese have melted. This took about 5 minutes on low heat. Once everything is combined pour into a baking pan. Top with bread crumbs and sprinkle with a little bit more cheese. Bake on 375 for about 10-15 minutes, until the top is crisp.

This was quick and easy and allowed me to use a lot of odds and ends I had in my fridge and freezer. Try it out, make it yours, and add whatever else you need to use up...

No comments:

Post a Comment